PPSCF PRINT COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES – July 17th, 5:30pm – 8:30 pm
The PPSCF July Educate meeting will be our annual 16×20 print competition. (See mounting requirements below) Registration Deadline is 5:00 pm on the Saturday prior(July 14th) to the judging,
In fairness to all: No Exceptions! All print cases must be received by the salon committeeon or before 6:30 PM on the day of judging. Registration for your print entries must be done online.
To register your entries, click HERE: and enter the information on the form and then click “Submit Entry” at the bottom of the screen only once. You must allow time for the files to upload and wait for the confirmation screen, thanking you for your entry. If you do not get a confirmation screen, that means the entries were not received and you must re-submit. This is only a pre-confirmation that the files were uploaded and not an actual confirmation that they were received by Ed. Please follow the guidelines below for online registration requirements.
File Preparation For Registration Only: Basically, you will prepare your images the way you would as if you were going to have it printed for FPP, however, you will resize it to an 8×10 and place it on a 10×10 black mat. The resolution is 125, quality level 12 as a Jpg file. If your image is already on a black background, you can add a thin white stroke to differentiate it from the background. (See examples in the attached pdf)
File Names: The file name should be the image title with no spaces or symbols at all (file name example: maryslittlelamb.jpg) However, the actual Print Title of the image should be typed out normally (title example: Mary’s Little Lamb)
Album Preparation: Albums must also be registered online, create a title page image for registration electronically. You will use the same 10 x 10 black background as you would for portraits. If you have already registered your images and you have NOT received an email from me with a confirmation that I received your registration…. please call me ASAP at 407-657-8426 so that I can verify and confirm your entry, or help you with the submission process. As a final reminder, no submission is considered complete and accepted until it is verified and you receive an email (at the address submitted in the form) from me.
Case Fee: $10.00 (payable at the door)
Case Entry Form: You must include a completed Entry Form with your case Print Entry Labels: Each 16×20 print must have a completed Print Entry Label at the TOP of the print on the backEligibility: You must be a member of the PPSCF in good standing to participate
Maximum Entries Allowed: You may submit up to 4 entries (this includes upto 1 album)
Categories: We follow FPP rules except for category selection. Our categories are as follows:
Print Mounting Requirements Images can be any shape and size however they must be permanently mounted on 16 x 20 mount board. ( 3x mat board, gator board, foam or sintra) recommended mounting thickness is 1/8! to 3/8!) No masonite, glass, stretcher or conventional frames are allowed. Image area must be NO LESS than 80 square inches (8×10) in size.Exception: PPA Master of Photography Degree holders may submit images of any shape and size on a mount board a minimum of 80 square inches to a maximum of 480 square inches, with the largest dimension no longer than 24″ Full bleed images are discouraged; some type of matting around the image is recommended for competition. You can print and mount the images yourself, but most professional labs have departments that deal with competition images and you can usually order them easily with the ROES ordering system.
Entry Labels The name of the maker, the Title of the entry and the classification must appear in the top center of the back of each entry. The name of the maker is not allowed on the front of any entry.
Print Cases The PPSCF suggests that all entries be delivered in standard 16×20 fiber or metal cases. If you choose to deliver your entries in a plastic bag, we will assume no liability for damage done to the print during competition. Only one (1) individual’s entries are allowed per case. All cases must be received by the salon committee on or before 6:30 PM on the day of judging.
Photographic Rules The purpose of this competition is to allow photographers to enter photographic prints or albums to be judged relative to the 12 Elements of a Merit Print. FPP members are eligible to achieve FPP Salon Merits toward the Florida Degree of Photographic Excellence.! (FDPE) These rules pertain to images entered as prints created by traditional photographic processes as well as those captured electronically with a digital camera or scanner.
1. Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
2. Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will not be judged, accepted, or displayed. If an entry, in the goodfaith opinion of the Competition Committee, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law that entry shall be disqualified.
3. The entrant’s name shall not appear anywhere in or on the face of the entry.
4. A maximum of four entries may be submitted per entrant.
5. No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
6. No two entries shall be of the same subject.
7. Entries previously merited at any FPP Competition are not eligible including any image from a merited album.
8. Entry media includes photographic prints and albums.
9. If an image Merits in any category of FPP competition it may not be entered again in any other category at any time by any entrant.! No image that receives a Merit may be entered more than once under any condition.
1. Albums must have a minimum of 20 sides and a maximum of 40 sides.
2. Multi-maker albums will be judged as one entry.
3. The makers of a multi-maker album MUST belong to the PPSCF.
For any other questions…please contact Ed Medici, Salon Director at (407) 657-8426
100 – 95 Exceptional
94 – 90 Superior
89 – 85 Excellent
84 – 80 Very Good
79 – 76 Good
75 – 74 Average
73 – 70 Fair
69 – 0 Unacceptable
To learn more about competition including the 12 elements of a merit image, click HERE.
To RSVP for this event, click HERE.